Taste & Texture Benefits
Cooking at lower temperatures for extended periods of time has a wide range of benefits:
- Minimal loss of moisture and weight
- Preservation of flavour and aroma as water soluble substances — especially aromatics — are not lost
- Flavours are enhanced, colours retained and little or no salt is required
- Nutrients are preserved as water-soluble minerals are not leached into cooking water, as cooking in a vacuum bag eliminates this
- Research has shown that sous vide gives the highest retention of vitamins vs. steaming and boiling
- Little additional fat is required during cooking
- Consistent results every time a dish is cooked
As chefs the world over are aware, these benefits result in enhanced textures, flavours and tenderness.
Because Sous Vide involves specific cooking times and precise temperatures, the risk of human error is eliminated provided the right equipment is used. Clifton Food Range® water baths offers users unparalleled accuracy in temperature control.